Snacks will be provided by Open Door thanks to your financial support. Understanding that all families have different food experiences and taking into account what the State of Minnesota requires of us as an Educational Facility, we aim for snacks to be as nutritious and easy to distribute as possible and at the same time meeting the requirements of being from at least two nutrition groups.
To comply with Minnesota State guidelines:
- Snacks will be commercially packaged.
- Snacks will not be prepared in our home.
- We will not provide a snack that has been altered in our home.
- If you’d like to see a full explanation of the state’s requirements for snacks, the links to the Minnesota Department of Education Ideas are provided below.
Examples of snacks provided:
- Animal crackers
- Bagels-mini sized and pre-sliced
- Cereal Bars
- Cookies- plain, w/nuts, raisins, chocolate pieces or fruit purees
- Graham Crackers
- Granola Bar- plain, w/fruit, nuts, raisins or chocolate
- Goldfish Crackers
- Muffins- store bought, prepackaged
- Oyster Crackers
- Pretzels- hard or soft
- Rice Cakes
- Ritz Cracker
- Soda Cracker
- Tortilla Chips
- Wheat Thins
- Apple Cider-100% juice
- Cantaloupe- pre-sliced by the store
- Carrot Sticks- prepackaged only
- Nuts***(unless we have nut allergies in our classroom)
Minnesota Department of Education Snack Guidelines: